Thursday, December 10, 2009

Being Without Tools


The Google Reader can be a fantastic tool aggregating information that you would normally have no time to get around to reading, but it can also bring to the surface some odd information that you wish that you wouldn't have been subjected to. This has happened before, but the latest piece of information was called, "why do you believe in God?" It is a pamphlet created in 2005 by someone named Jason Curry that is associated with the humanist society in New Zealand. See what I mean about the Google reader phenomenon about never looking for things, but always finding them. There is no way that I go looking for this document, but now I have to mentally do something with it. This pamphlet is a slick piece of orgranization and layout, and it walks through a number of "issues" with Christian beliefs. I read through some of it, and I realized that I had no answers to any of these things. It made me want to be a Christian scholar or more grounded in my faith. It scared me to have no answers to these questions. After shifting from a very passive religious upbringing to a more active Christian, it has become clear that I have a lot of work to do, and I have hoping that in this season of giving that I can share my gifts with many of you as you share some of your answers with me.

-Bob Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment