Monday, June 8, 2009

Last person on the bandwagon

One of my favorite aspects of music is the shear amount of content out there.  So much music, so little time.  The other day I was included in an e-mail chain that involved several people being very excited that Josh Ritter is coming to town this summer.  I suppose I have been under a folk music rock for the past few years because this was the first I had ever heard of the man.  This youtube clip is the first thing I found from him via the google.  I think it is fantastic so I want share it with you.



I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  If you did he will be at Off Broadway on July 28th. Unfortunately I will be in Jefferson City taking the bar exam - boo.

3 comments:

  1. One of the better song writers of our time. Looking forward to seeing him at such an intimate venue. Thanks for posting the video.

    Skip the bar Wilson, lawyering is overrated.

    - Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll celebrate when your done with the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted this song, it is one of my favorite of the last few years. First of all, it's musically and lyrically beautiful. Also, it presents a common lament (the world is a messed up place) so poetically in the form a coversation between Peter and Paul, it's brilliant. He wrestles with this theme a lot in other songs (Thin Blue Flame, Wings), ultimately not reaching a satisfactory answer, at least not from a Christian perspective, but he gets close at times, and at least he's honest.

    ReplyDelete