Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Return

Hello everyone.  Sorry for the breif haitus, but we are back.  For starters, if you haven't heard it yet, check out Zack's sermon "Blessed are those who mourn."  I found it powerful, moving, and feel completely unqualified to add any other comments about it in written form.  As our President would say, it is above my pay grade.

Now for something that isn't.

I have found my favorite record in a very long time.  I generally don't like ranking things but music is an exception to that policy for me.  It isn't often that an album comes out that could surpass one of the albums on my list of ten I would take with me on my proverbial desert island with an audiophile quality sound system, electricity, food, fresh water, television/dvd player (make that blu-ray) and a copy of The Big Lebowski.  Without further adou is it Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear.  Enjoy this clip, but more importantly GET THE RECORD - at least if you like the song.



Here are some reviews if you don't want to take my word for it.

We will be back tomorrow (Tuesday) with regular posts.  Happy Music Monday.

1 comment:

  1. These guys are genius. This stuff is a far more mature effort over their older stuff (which I also love). Check out their "Deep Blue Sea" rendition on the beach in Jersey on YouTube. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete