Monday, May 18, 2009

Music Monday

"The characteristic common to God and man is apparently [this]: the desire and the ability to make things up."
-Dorothy Sayers

I wonder sometimes what it is about certain forms of art (particularly music and literature, at least for me) that can cause people to be so enthralled, enamored and even enraged. I think Ms. Sayers was on to something. As image bearers of God, one of the traits that we carry with us is the capacity for creation, which is also a capacity to appreciate beauty...and God saw that it was good...and a capacity to recognize when something in creation is askew...it was not good. As we use this space to blog about music and other arts, I look forward to an ongoing discussion about how we view creation and the act of creating as part of our reflection of God's character.

Stuff that I’ve seen/heard/read recently that I might blog about later: Rachel Getting Married, Rural Alberta Advantage, Other Lives, The Decemberists, and White Rabbits (as a shout out the the Webster boys who made good, see their new video posted below)

-Brian Janous



1 comment:

  1. Brian, thanks for posting this video. I hadn't seen it yet and it's spectacular. Also, I love that quote and was happy to see it used in good context!

    ReplyDelete